Are Supplements Necessary
I have been asked if I take supplements. The answer is yes so I’m just going to let you know the supplements that I use. However, if you are eating a healthy balanced diet it should supply the body with sufficient nutrients to carry out routine tasks and that most people don’t need to take vitamin supplements.
Now currently I do not take vitamins (apart from vitamin D) because I know that the Exante Diet Meal Replacements contain all the vitamins and minerals I need. The things I take are more to do with the exercise that I do, and to help me progress with the weight training and to generally feel better.
Can Too Much Of A Vitamin Be Harmful
The short answer to this is yes. While a lot of supplements are relatively harmless when you overdose a little in them, you can do damage if you overdose in large quantities for some of them. For example, taking too much Vitamin A can cause ongoing headaches, liver damage and other damage to your body.
The Supplements That I Have Started To Use
The Omega 3-6-9 contain a blend of fish and plant oils, which provide a perfect blend of Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids.
THE OMEGA 3-6-9 BENEFITS
Omega 3-6-9 contains essential fatty acids that are made up of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) – both long chain fatty acids that have been shown to contribute to the normal function of the heart.
WHO IS OMEGA 3-6-9 SUITABLE FOR?
This product is recommended for anyone who lacks a diet containing Omega-3, 6 & 9.
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
- A convenient way to boost intake of Omega 3, 6 & 9
- Easy to consume capsule (one a day with food)
INGREDIENTS: Omega 3 Fish Oil (Eicosapentaenoic Acid 18%, Docosahexaenoic Acid 12%), Flaxseed Oil (ALA 50%), Sunflower Oil, Softgel (Gelatin, Glycerol, Purified Water), Antioxidant (Vitamin E).
BCAA PLUS – 2:1:1 with vitamin B6
Here’s your essential amino acid supplement, containing an optimal 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
These can’t be produced by your body so they must come from your diet.
This unique formula also delivers vitamin B6, which contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism, normal energy-yielding metabolism, and reduced tiredness and fatigue – helping your body to feel fighting fit for the next exercise session.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BCAA PLUS?
It includes three essential amino acids – the building blocks of protein, which make up the structure of new muscle tissue. This is so important for any fitness goal, whatever your aim.
Plus, BCAA Plus offers you your daily intake for vitamin B6, which contributes to normal functioning of the immune system, normal glycogen metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
WHEN SHOULD YOU TAKE BCAA PLUS?
2 tablets, twice daily, during and after your workout for maximum benefit.
- Helps maintain body tissue
- Can boost lean mass
- Extremely popular amino acids
INGREDIENTS: BCAA 2:1:1 (L-Leucine:L-Isoleucine:L-Valine), Bulking Agents (Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Phosphates), Vitamin B6, Anti Caking Agents (Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide), Glazing Agents (HydroxyPropylMethylCellulose, Glycerine, Carnauba Wax), Colour (Titanium Dioxide).
MEGA GREEN TEA EXTRACT – Activate your day
These Mega Green Tea Extract tablets are packed with antioxidants alongside 36mg of caffeine – helping you shake off sleep when a normal brew won’t cut it.*
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEGA GREEN TEA EXTRACT?
It’s made from the leaves of a plant called Camellia Sinensis, making this one amazing natural product.
This advanced extract contains 67.5mg total polyphenols and 4.5mg of EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) per tablet – put simply, each tablet is the equivalent of over eight cups of green tea. A powerful kick-start to any activity, whether that’s boxercise or weight-lifting.
WHEN SHOULD YOU TAKE MEGA GREEN TEA EXTRACT?
Simply take one of these super tablets at the beginning of your day, or an hour before you work out – then let nature do its thing!
- A highly concentrated form of Green Tea Extract
- 98% total Polyphenols
- A source of EGCG
INGREDIENTS: Green Tea Extract 12:1, Capsule (Gelatine), Anti Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide).
VITAMIN D3 – The sunshine vitamin
I’m really not one for sitting in the sun which is why I take this. It’s not always easy to get your daily requirement of vitamin D as it mainly comes from exposure to the sun, and isn’t present in many foods.
These soft gel capsules are a weather-proof way to get all the great health benefits of vitamin D.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF VITAMIN D3?
Each capsule is packed with 2500iu of vitamin D, which contributes to the normal function of the immune system, keeping you fighting fit to return to the gym.
Vitamin D also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth and muscle function – making this an ideal everyday supplement.
WHEN SHOULD YOU TAKE VITAMIN D3?
Just take one capsule a day with a meal, whatever the forecast.
- Contributes to normal bone and muscle function
- Helps aid normal immune function
- Contributes to normal calcium levels
INGREDIENTS: Sunflower Oil, Softgel (Gelatin, Glycerol), Vitamin D.
HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN PEPTIDE – 90% Protein
Hydrolysed Collagen Peptide is highly purified collagen peptides sourced from bovine skin providing 90% protein. This product is neutral in taste and odour and has excellent solubility in cold and warm water.
Hydrolysed Collagen Peptide provides approximately 22g protein per 25g serving which will contribute to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
Hydrolysed Collagen Peptide is perfect for anyone looking to increase their daily protein intake or wanting an alternative source of protein around their training. I have been using the unflavoured version whenever possible. It mixes very well with water, milk or coconut milk. Very little taste at all. Great for my joints, skin, muscle and stomach. I add 1 Large Scoop (25g) to my Exante Diet Meal Replacement Shake then have 30 minutes before and/or after my workout.
INGREDIENTS: Unflavoured: Hydrolysed Collagen Peptide (100%) also contain gluten, soy, milk and egg.
Premium C8 MCT Oil | Boosts Ketones 3X More Than Other MCTs | Highest Purity C8 MCT Available 99.8% | Paleo & Vegan-Friendly | Gluten Free | BPA-Free Bottle | Pure Caprylic Acid | Ketosource®
- BOOSTS KETONES: Very high purity source of C8 MCT. C8 MCT is the only MCT that increases blood ketones effectively.
- EASILY DIGESTED: Customer feedback shows that fewer people experience the typical upset stomach seen with lower purity MCT oils. The typical indigestion, loose stools and stomach aches caused by MCT oils should not occur.
- NON-GMO, PALEO & VEGAN SAFE: This all-natural C8 MCT Oil is suitable for consumption in all diets and is completely non-allergenic. It is free of wheat, milk, eggs, peanut and shellfish and is entirely sourced from non-GMO coconut and sustainable certified palm.
- CLEAN KETONE ENERGY: Boosts energy levels by giving the body a more efficiently metabolised ketone fuel source. This is clean energy. It does not raise blood glucose and has a much lower insulin response than other fuels (glucose, sugar, protein etc.) and even similar foods (e.g. coconut oil, other MCT oils with C10 and C12 MCTs). Finally, ketone energy sustains your energy levels because it lasts longer than glucose (i.e. up to 5 hours).
- EASY FOR ANY DIET: C8 MCT Oil is odourless, tasteless and can be substituted with traditional oils. Easy to mix in protein shakes, bulletproof coffee, or any other types of beverages for sustained energy.
Click here to take you to this product
Now I now have 2 TBSP a day of this. I have 1 tbsp in my first black coffee and another tbsp in the afternoon in a black coffee. If you are new to MCT oil use please start with 1 teaspoon up to 3 times per day. You should build up to 1 tablespoon up to 3 times per day over 2 weeks. How and when you use Pure C8 MCT depends on what your specific goal is.
INGREDIENTS: Pure Caprylic Acid Triglycerides (C8 MCT) (There is no need to refrigerate this product. C8 MCT fatty acids are very stable and will not get damaged by normal temperatures or sun exposure.
Lean Caffeine Bulletproof Coffee – Whole Beans 227g | Pesticide & Mycotoxin Free, Low Acidity Coffee + Rainforest Alliance | Paleo / Keto / Ketogenic / Upgraded Organic Coffee Beans
- The ONLY Bulletproof Optimised / Upgraded Coffee Beans – Lab Tested for BOTH Pesticides + Mycotoxins – Results printed on the label
- Dark Fresh Roast Coffee Beans – UK Small Batch Coffee – Freshness Guaranteed!
- Free Accompanying Guide with Recipes, Exercise Plan and Eating Plan
- Gourmet / Speciality Coffee Beans: Dark Chocolate & Vanilla Taste – Super Bold yet Smooth!
- Blend with Grass Fed Organic Ghee + High C8 MCT Oil as a Keto / Ketogenic / Bulletproof Coffee breakfast replacement
The link to this product is here.
At the minute these are the only supplements I have been using. I trust MyProtein completely as they were recommended to me by the nutritionist that supported us during the making of The Fast Fix Diabetes and they are also part of the same group as Exante so I buy these with 100% confidence.
Important: I do however want to say I don’t take these as a weight loss aid but just supplement my needs with the exercise and lifestyle that I now lead.
The Exante Diet Meal Replacement shakes I use to go with the collagen powder can be found on the link below. Also, available is my exclusive code of TRACEY35 which will give you a massive 35% off your order.
I hope that you find this post, The Supplements That I Use of help. As and when I change any of these supplements I will let you know. If any of you take any supplements, by all means, let me know.