Poems needed from you guys. I am currently collating a collection of poems with a view to publishing them both electronically and as a paperback.
Poems about what?
The poems I am looking for are anything related to mental illnesses so depression, anxiety, PTSD, post natal depression, and everything in between.
Why this subject matter?
I have had many negative life experiences which I will go into at some future point. I have had depression and chronic illnesses that make this situation worse so understand completely what it feels like. I am a very creative person and this is a massive outlet and fantastic way for me to cope. I have found over the past year writing is extremely cathartic for me and definitely the way forward. It makes me feel proactive and not reactive. If I can encourage others to try and do the same and it makes a difference to them like it does to me then I will be so happy to have helped someone.
I recently published a book of poems based on failed dating situations which is currently for sale on Amazon called “Why Rainbows May Cry“.
It gave me a huge boost and I wanted to share this feeling with others. Putting it out there so to speak is a cathartic thing and something to be proud of and not swept under the carpet and not talked about.
What do I need?
- Please send me your poem to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to this blog so that you can see more updates as and when they arise.
- Remember to title your poem
- Please state if you wish to put your name with your poem or wish to remain anonymous.
- The poem must be your work and no one else’s
- This is not a competition so please please don’t worry if you think your poem isn’t worthy because it is. Anything written from the heart is important to both you and to me and to others.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.