It’s Not Just Genes
Now then today is a list of 21 ways to stay looking younger. I don’t know about you but I need all the help I can get.
- Smile a lot; as well as looking nice it makes other people feel good too.
- Sunscreen is an absolute must. I’ve never used a tanning bed it ages you so much!
- Drink plenty of water every day then some more.
- Get enough sleep, at least 7–8 hours daily.
- Try and exercise at least three times a week. Also, each day have a walk for at least 10 minutes.
- Eat healthier – try and eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day and try to get to 8.
- Try intermittent fasting.
- Take vitamins and supplements your body needs but can’t get from your diet. I find Floradix very good.
- Surround yourself with happy and positive people. I’m very sensitive to other peoples emotions and miserable or whinging people drain me completely.
- Quit smoking.
- Don’t drink alcohol or at the very least reduce it.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Wear clothes that make you feel good.
- Stay optimistic! Easier said than done I know but positivity does attract positivity.
- Get rid of toxic people from your life. If they are adding nothing to your life then keep them out of it.
- Spend quality time with friends and family and even yourself.
- Try reducing stress. Stress has such a bad effect on your physical health as well as your mental health.
- Listen to happy music. Get your headphones on and close your eyes. Or put some uplifting music on while you do the housework etc.
- Care about how you look. Comb your hair, shave, wear make up, etc.
- Iron your clothes rather than just rescue them from the dryer and chuck them on.
- Clean your shoes. As children, we had to clean our shoes every night. I always notice someone’s shoes now.
- Try and stay organised it makes life easier and less stressful. Now I just have to start taking my own advice. Do you have anything to add to this list of 21 things to stay looking younger? If so let us all know.