Inspiration Is Key
Well, 10 things that inspire me every day? Is this going to be easier than I thought or harder; I guess I am soon to find out. I mean think about it, right now and what is the first thing that comes into your head? Maybe that came quite easily so what about a second thing? Was that as easy? Ten is a fairly small number but however, I’m feeling slightly nervous about this task. That is ridiculous in itself because it is supposed to be about positive things; things that inspire me. Right thinking cap on and here we go, 10 things that inspire me every day…
- My Children -This one is extremely easy and I guess for all the parents out there this came to mind first for you too. I carried them inside me for 9 months, gave birth to them, brought them into this crazy world and loved them, unconditionally and always will. Seeing a smile on their face or hear them laugh is always a joy a beautiful moment in time that can’t be beaten. I will always be the lioness and they will always be my cubs.
- Grandchildren – This also was a very easy one. I have one grandson who is 2 years old. I absolutely adore this little fella to bits. He brings me great joy, happiness, and a sense of deep love whenever I see him or think about him. He is just incredibly delightful and he constantly reminds me how to look at things through the eyes of a child. That is something precious that we stop doing and we shouldn’t. Build a bloody sandcastle, play hide and seek, you are never too old.
- Family Pets – Another fairly easy one. The love a dog feels for you is immense. Every time you walk into the house they great you as if you have been gone days when in fact it has only been 30 minutes. They love you even when you are in a bad mood, tired, fed up, quiet, busy. They stay by your side through everything.
- Grandparents – yes another easy one. My grandparents took me in when I needed them. They were funny, kind, caring, hardworking they were amazing people. I don’t ever remember hearing them complain even when times were hard. They made my life more beautiful they were very special and I miss them tremendously.
- Music – Music can change your mood in an instant. One of the things I do sometimes to de-stress is getting in the car, put the roof down, play some music and sing away to my heart’s content. My daughter will agree with me on this because sometimes we do it together. Neither of us can sing we sound bloody awful but we enjoy it and we feel better for doing it. It still amazes me how people create music, it’s a talent and one I wish I had.
- Survival – When times get hard, war, abuse, famine and everything in between. Those that survive and triumph and never give up are more amazing than they know. As well as inspiration they give me hope. Hope is one of the most important things on this planet.
- Beauty – I don’t mean a pretty woman etc. I mean the beauty of nature and the world around us. So many people take it all for granted and seem to walk around with blinkers on. I absolutely adore a blue sky, it lifts me and I feel two foot taller. I beautiful rainbow which comes after a huge dark storm. The charge in the air. The birds singing, butterflies, wind in the trees, the list is endless. Next time you go out try and see how many different things you can notice that you normally don’t.
- Writing – I love writing, I adore writing. There are so many things I like about it. It is one of the most cathartic things I do. I have always loved it too and I remember my very first writing set as a small girl, it was a Paddington Bear one. I used to write letters to everyone and in fact, I still do. The art of writing a letter is sadly going. There is something incredibly beautiful about a handwritten letter done using a fountain pen. It’s something very personal from one person to another something you can treasure. Even a thank you note can mean so much to someone. In this digital age even more so. But my writing I find heals me inside a bit more each time I do it. Expressing your innermost feelings through written word to the point that it moves someone is magical.
- Reading – I try and read every day. I am currently reading “” by Bob Proctor who I am a huge fan of. Also “” by Napoleon Hill, and “” by Shakti Gawain. These books are linked together and are extremely inspirational. I read them every day.
- Pinterest – I could spend hours on this website. It fills me with inspiration, it gets my creative juices going instantly. I have created so many mood boards on there, some public some private. If you have never used this site I would suggest you give it a go. Anything that interests you will be on there which then, in turn, leads you to other things to have a go at. Creativity keeps you alive.
Wow, that was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be and left me again feeling very positive. Just goes to show that when you think positively you feel positive. If I had done a list of 10 things that wind me up I bet I would be in a foul mood by now. So why not add to my list of 10 things that inspire me every day via comments, or write your own? It might surprise you what it is that actually inspires you.
I hope you found this post positive, helpful and maybe inspiring.
My love as always